Oakwood Community School are committed to ensuring all our services are accessible to all members of the community regardless of disability, race, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation age or religion. We are proactive in our promotion of equality of opportunity. We recognise that in particular, people with disabilities should be able to access all content on the website, and we have made every effort to make it accessible to all. Our website designers follow the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and we have taken advice from RNIB and from ROWA (Read on Write Away). We have taken a range of measures to ensure accessibility, for example:
- The website provides alternative text descriptions of images and other visual elements
- Pages are organised under headings and we use CSS (cascading style sheets) to standardise the appearance of pages
- A facility is provided to enable users to control the text size using their browser settings
- We have validated the site using independent accessibility assessment tools
- Downloadable pdf documents are accessible by using free Adobe Reader software from the Adobe website
We are confident the site is well designed and presented to ensure optimum accessibility by all, but if you identify any area we should improve, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (01455 273763) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).