Oakwood Community School is pleased to be offering its support to an event organised by the East Midlands Prevent Team entitled ‘Autism Support and Online Safety’.
The aim of the event is to provide parents and carers with a better understanding of:
– What Autism is as well as some common traits and misconceptions
– How Autism can affect a child’s development and social skills.
– What support is available (education, financial, life skills, home support etc)
– How to obtain this support / how to get a diagnosis.
– The pros and cons of getting a diagnosis.
– How to better understand, support and communicate with your child.
– Where there may be increased risks in relation to rigid thinking, accepting presented information as the truth, different learning / communication styles etc.
– What steps to take to help ensure your child is safe including online safety / grooming / reporting etc.
– Who to turn to for ongoing support.
The event is taking place on Thursday 18th November from 10.00am to 14.00pm.at…
These are important subjects that are affecting an increasing number of families and we hope that any families who are affected by these issues, go along to gain valuable support and advice.A link to further details can be found below.