Oakwood Community School
Values and Purpose
At Oakwood Community School we believe that having a strong set of core values is important as it provides both staff and children with a firm grounding for their teaching and personal development.
Our values are:
To Develop Wisdom
We place these values at the core of everything we do and we ask everyone at the school to embrace them.
We recognise each child as an individual and always acknowledge their separate personalities when creating suitable learning opportunities for them. In this way we can ensure that everyone is given the best possible chance to fully access educational possibilities; to learn and develop, not just in their own right, but also importantly as part of a school community. That community should be somewhere where each child can enjoy the feeling of belonging and is one that helps to nurture its future citizens, develop their cultural appreciation and prepare them for a wider role in society.
Alongside the promotion of our values we strive to provide a school that:
- Is a safe and happy environment for all.
- Promotes high standards of learning, achievement and behaviour for all.
- Encourages everyone to make a positive contribution.
- Establishes an engaging curriculum that supports the development of social, emotional and behavioural skills.
- Values, supports and celebrates the many ways that children can learn and achieve their full potential.
- Respects the rights and views of others.
‘Pupils behave well in lessons because of the effective support that they receive from both teachers and other adults in the room to engage in their learning.’
We are very happy to introduce our first PGCE student, Julia De Bretton-Gordon, who is in the final term of her PGCE in Secondary English with the University of Leicester. […]MORE >